Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is incorporated by reference in the GameSurge Terms of Service (TOS). Use of the services provided by GameSurge indicates your acceptance of the TOS and agreement to abide by the TOS and AUP. The AUP may change at any time, with or without notice.
Last Revision: 02/01/2004
- You are expected to treat the staff and other users of GameSurge with respect. If you feel another user is harassing you, /ignore or ban that user. If the /ignore (or ban) is reasonably chosen and the user acts to evade the ban and continue the harassment, contact GameSurge staff in #support.
- Except when a channel is used in violation of the TOS or AUP, channel management is left within the channel. For registered channels, channel management is left with the channel users. For unregistered channels, channel management is left with the channel operators.
- You may only advertise in channels where you are on the userlist or with the channel owner's permission. Advertisements directly to users (including multiple /INVITEs) are prohibited.
- You may not use GameSurge services to infringe upon any party's copyrights or other legal rights, or to violate any other laws.
- You may not use GameSurge services to transmit pornography.
- You may not use GameSurge services to send hate speech. Hate speech includes, but is not limited to, speech which demeans groups of people that is meant to insult or inflame.
- You may not charge others for the services provided to you by GameSurge. This includes channel registration ("ownership"), and any attempt to sell GameSurge services may result in revocation of your privileges to GameSurge services.
- Abuse or blatant misuse of GameSurge services, including but not limited to the use of "idler bots," may result in revocation of your privileges to GameSurge services.
- GameSurge operators will interpret this AUP if there is ambiguity as to how it applies to your situation.